Tuesday 21st of June
Hmmm just realised that this is probably the shortest day of the year! Perhaps that is something that I need to consider when I reflect on today.
When I got up today (pretty late for me) at seven am, I made breakfast, did some washing, washed the dog, helped my daughter with an assignment, did the dishes, hung out the washing and then realised it was time to run off to my classes. In all the happenings this morning I totally forgot to actually take my (now all day suffering) dog on his morning walk. And actually I still haven't today. His eyes say it all *sigh*
Then even though college was interesting, I really didn't fully feel like I was there.
And then there was my meeting tonight. I have been losing weight or that is struggling with my mental state, for years now. I recently (in the last three years) lost approximately 40kg, only to take my friend and daughter to a local meeting, and instead of continuing to lose weight, I have put some back on. Now I know it's all about my mental attitude, and that is part of the reason why I am trying to stick to this gratitude thing. I think that I need to realise that I'm ok, I have what I need, and want, and that the negative thoughts in my head are only that... thoughts... I have control over those thoughts, and as such I can chose to be depressed about it all, or get on with the gratefulness of the day... so here goes
Winter Solstice - a time of turning around, a time of new beginnings and reflection of the past year. So lets have a look at that and be grateful!
The past year has been amazing. So many changes in my life, including a new path at studying something which I kinda always have been interested in, but I guess I didn't know what that was until I talked with a teacher! My studies have so far been absolutely amazing. There is so much I want to know and learn, and I am almost chomping at the bit, but still holding back seeing that I know that if I do too much, I will not do so well.
So I am grateful for the study opportunities I have been offered, and that these studies are helping me to learn about myself. I am grateful that I am being able to work on my own thoughts and the knowledge to better myself too.
Tomorrow is the start of a new year as such, with days becoming longer once again, so I think too my resolve to change my thoughts into more truthful and positive thoughts. And so I am also grateful that I am aware enough of the opportunity for me to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment